As the temperatures start to soar, it is really important to not forget about taking care of ourselves.
Some things to remember when you are outside;
1. Wear sunscreen- which has a spf of more than 30. It is really important to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays peering through the layers of atmosphere.
2. Scalp!- it is really important to keep your scalp protected, it can get badly burnt from the sun rays. Try to wear a hat whenever you can and also oiling your hair will act as a barrier for your scalp and the sun and, it also has a lot of benefits for the hair as well 😉
3. Lips- believe it or not many forget to apply a lip balm that contains some sort of spf. Even our lips need the protection…
4. Cool off and take breaks throughout the day- stay hydrated at all times! We perspire so much that we constantly lose all of the water in our body within hours. So it is important to constantly drink water and try to cool off by taking breaks throughout the day to stay more energetic. Coconut water is also a wonderful alternative to water as it has a lot if vitamins that boost the immune system and keep us active and hydrated. 🙂
5. Eat lots of fruits- eat as many fruits as you can during the summer. Watermelon is one good fruit to have during the summer due to its high water concentrate.
6. Wear light, bright colored clothes- with the temp. soaring it is important to wear light colored clothes as they don’t absorb as much heat and in turn keep you cool. Wearing breathable clothes will allow free flow of air and thus, keep you cool as well.
Keeping in mind these simple things, you can enjoy your time out in the sun without being too concerned about your skin. 😉
Thank you for reading and have an awesome, cool summer!
” Beauty is the opposite of perfection. It’s about confidence, charisma and character. “