Avocado oil has been taking the beauty industry by storm. Its lightness and many properties that help nourish and strengthen the hair, has made it a new cult favorite.
What is Avocado oil?
Avocado oil is derived from the pulp of the avocado. It is very high in oleic acid, high in content of vitamin E, magnesium, copper, iron, amino acids and folic acid which are very essential for hair growth.
Avocado oil consists of:
Omega 3 fatty acids
76% monounsaturates (oleic and palmitoleic acids)
12% polyunsaturates (linoleic and linolenic acids)
12% saturates (palmitic and stearic acids)
Uses of Avocado oil for the hair:
1. Can be used as a deep conditioner
2. Can be used as a leave-in treatment
Benefits of Avocado oil for the hair:
1. Keeps the hair nourished and shiny
2. Has many healing benefits
3. Supports and strengthens hair fibre, decreasing split ends
4. Stimulates hair growth
5. Some argue that it can help with hair loss and dandruff problems
6. Helps hair retain moisture
Uses of avocado oil for the skin:
1. Acts as a natural sunscreen
2. Face moisturizer
3. Can be used in facial masks
4. Helps treat skin diseases
Benefits of Avocado oil for the skin:
1. Helps reduce age spots
2. Promotes the production of collagen
3. Helps clear acne
4. Nourishes dry skin
5. Helps delay wrinkles
Avocados for the body:
Research shows that avocados are beneficial to the heart, regulate blood sugar levels and prevent cancer as well.
Avocado oil has changed my life in aspects of how I take care of my hair. When I condition my hair I always add a couple of drops of avocado oil to it and let it sit in my hair for about 5-7 min. This has transformed my hair so much that I have officially become obsessed with it. It has become a step I cannot skip. I can’t go a wash without it.
With such wonderful benefits, avocado oil is a necessary addition to our regime for taking care of our body as well as for healthy looking skin and hair!